| || Peace Movement Aotearoa | Human rights index page | Universal Periodic Review |
New Zealand and the International Covenant
on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)
If you would like to be added to the human rights NGO information mailing list to receive updates about when UN human rights bodies are assessing New Zealand's performance, or assistance with writing reports to them, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa.
- UN Committee will assess NZ's performance on economic, social and cultural rights in March 2018
- The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights will assess the government's performance on economic, social and cultural rights during its 63rd Session from 12 to 29 March - the deadline for NGO reports is 15 February 2018. If you would like more information, or assistance with writing a report to the Committee, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa with 'CESCR 2018' in the subject line of your message, thank you.
The Committee will be focusing on the topics raised in its List of Issues Prior to Reporting (E/C.12/NZL/QPR/4, 12 April 2016), New Zealand's Fourth Periodic Report (E/C.12/NZL/4, 6 October 2017), and issues raised in the 2016 reports from Peace Movement Aotearoa and the Human Rights Foundation, and 2018 NGO reports.
- UN Committee begins next reporting round on NZ government's performance on economic, social and cultural rights, 2016
- UN Committees assess New Zealand's human rights performance under the ICCPR and the ICESCR, Peace Movement Aotearoa, 1 April 2016
- on Facebook - formatted for printing
- List of Issues Prior to Reporting (E/C.12/NZL/QPR/4), Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, released 16 March 2016 / finalised 12 April 2016
- UN Committee examines NZ government's performance on economic, social and cultural rights, 2011 and 2012 :
- Background information - the International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR); the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR); the New Zealand government and the ICESCR; the government's third Periodic Report under the ICESCR; preliminary NGO reports to the CESCR 46th Pre-Sessional Working Group; the Committee's List of Issues and the government's response; NGO reports to the CESCR 48th session; and useful resources and links; and
- Information on the 48th session - who said what in Geneva, the Committee's Concluding Observations (E/C.12/NZL/CO/3), and media coverage.
Human rights index page | Universal Periodic Review | Peace Movement Aotearoa