| || Human rights index | Indigenous peoples' rights | NZ's Universal Periodic Review |
New Zealand and the International Convention on the
Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- Information for NGOs, 2017: The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination will consider the government's performance during its 93rd Session in August 2017 - the deadline for NGO reports is 7 July 2017.
- New Zealand's 2016 Periodic Report to the Committee, (CERD/C/NZL/21-22), is available here and the List of Themes (CERD/C/NZL/Q/21-22), issues the Committee has asked the government to provide more information on, is available here.
- The Committee's 2013 Concluding Observations on New Zealand (CERD/C/NZL/CO/18-20) are available here.
- Information for NGOs about the 93rd session is available here. If you would like more information, or assistance with writing your report, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa with 'CERD 2017' in the subject line of your message, thank you.
- Submissions due: Draft government report to the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, deadline is 28 September 2015 - Details - Draft report
- UN Committee examines NZ government's performance on racial discrimination, February 2013 - Background information - Information on the 82nd session
- NZ government follow-up report, April 2014
- Letter to the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination re the Immigration Amendment Bill 2012, Refugee Council of New Zealand, 16 July 2012
- Associated media release
- Information for NGOs: Draft government report to the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, August - September 2011
- UN Committee examines NZ government's performance on racial discrimination, July and August 2007, and follow up in 2008 and 2009 - with information about:
- the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,
- the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD),
- the NZ government and the Convention,
- what CERD has said about the performance of NZ governments in the past,
- the government's Periodic Report submitted in 2006 (CERD/C/NZL/17),
- the NGO parallel reports to CERD,
- the List of Issues,
- who said what when CERD considered the Periodic Report in July and August 2007,
- the Concluding Observations released on 15 August 2007 (CERD/C/NZL/CO/17),
- media releases and statements, and
- follow up on the Concluding Observations.
Human rights index | Indigenous peoples' rights | Peace Movement Aotearoa